Canada

Fire breaks out at Taste of Edmonton food vendor booth – Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

Firefighters responded to the Taste of Edmonton Thursday afternoon, after a fire broke out at a food vendor’s stand at the downtown festival.

The fire happened at a self-contained Snickerdoodle’s booth set up on 100 Street near 102 Avenue, to the west of Churchill Square where the festival is centered.

Video on social media showed flames shooting from the vendor’s stand and people gathered around a man. It’s not known when the fire started or if anyone was injured.

Global News has requests in to Alberta Health Services and Edmonton Fire Rescue for more information.

The Events Edmonton food festival runs Thursday, July 22 to Sunday, Aug. 1 in Churchill Square — where it returned to after being held at Capital Plaza, just north of the Alberta legislature, while the space outside Edmonton’s city hall was being renovated.

Story continues below advertisement

Read more:
Volunteers urgently needed for Taste of Edmonton

— More to come…




© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.


Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button